talk.cybercni.fr – The monthly Cybersecurity Speaker Series
Protecting against cyber risks is the domain of Cybersecurity. The Cyber CNI Speaker series wants to raise awareness and understanding of cybersecurity topics. The series is co-organized by the Chaire cyberCNI.fr of IMT Atlantique, the Pôle d’Excellence Cyber (PEC), the Région Bretagne, and the German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future.
talk.cybercni.fr wants to foster a continuous dialog between experts from industry and academia and the general public, including individuals, families, companies from small to large sizes, and public bodies – in short everyone, since cybersecurity is relevant for each of us.
The Cyber CNI speaker series is a free monthly event on the last Wednesday of the month from 17h-18h30.Each event consists of an expert talk of about 40 minutes followed by 30 minutes discussion. The events are broadcasted live over Youtube (https://talk.cybercni.fr/) and LinkedIN, enabling global remote participation – including a tool for participating in the discussion. On the website you also find the archive of all past talks and the list of upcoming talks.
You are cordially invited to participate. Please safe the dates and subscribe to receive email notifications at https://talk.cybercni.fr/
How the Digital Transformation changes our lives
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown each one of us the benefit of information technology. It enables us to work remotely, live remotely, and foremost keep contacts over distance – with the youngest and the oldest, the closest, and even new people.
Our society increasingly relies on information and operation technology. Examples are water supply, energy, heat, and cooling supply, communication, healthcare, the production and processing of goods, transportation, national security, banking, research and education, or food production.
Common to all these domains is that they make heavy use of distributed networked computer systems. Such systems can be attacked in many ways. This is not only a problem for computer nerds anymore as computer systems are critical for each one of us. The effects of so-called cyber attacks range from power-outages to collapsing the healthcare or banking sectors.
New dangers in the digital world
The linkage of computers to so many of our daily life processes brings many advantages as it enables new, and more efficient services. At the same time, it brings risks. Digital Systems attract new kinds of attackers. The connectivity even allows remote attacks from the other side of the planet. Automated attacks gain importance.
Cybersecurity affects many areas of our lives. It uses diverse techniques. Preventing attacks against our infrastructures requires adequate security mechanisms to be put in place. Cybersecurity specialists work on making systems secure-by-design, on continuously monitoring them, and on defending them against attackers. But cybersecurity is not only for experts. We all need cybersecurity, and providing adequate cybersecurity requires support from each of us, as security starts with the people using a system.
Securing the cyber requires support by everyone. Many attacks start with someone clicking on a mail attachment that installs a malware that starts infiltrating the local network and all connected systems. Preventing attacks starts with getting some understanding of cybersecurity. This is where the Cyber CNI speaker series comes into place. Join us for the next talk!
You are cordially invited to participate. Please safe the dates! Subscribe to receive the invitations…
Every last Wednesday of the month at 5pm CET…
- 27.1.2021 Frédéric Julhes (Airbus, FR), Accelerate Cyber training and innovate
- 24.2.2021 Muhammed Usman (USW, UK), Securing Smart Homes: Cross-Layer Second Line of Defence
- 31.3.2021 Sylvain Guilley (Secure-IC, FR), Addressing security breaches through trusted data management
- 28.4.2021 Tony HEDOUX (all4tec.net), Identifying relevant cyber risks quickly with the EBIOS RM method
- 26.5.2021 Cyril Cappi (SNCF, FR), Dare Cybersecurity breakthrough : a opportunity to build sovereignty
- 16.6.2021 Pontus Johnson (KTH), Mutter aller Sicherheitslücken: Arbitrary Code Execution in the Universal Turing Machine
- 30.6.2021 Michel Barbeau (Carleton University, CA), Quantum Security
- 28.7.2021 Hasan Akram (Matrickz, DE), Automative Cybersecurity – How to make millions in a 5.1B$ market?
- 25.8.2021 Carl Denis (AG KRITIS), Resilience for Critical Infrastructures: a Volunteer Cyber Brigade
- 29.9.2021 Frédéric Renouard, Pierre-Alain Fouque (European Cyberschool, FR), CyberSchool: Mounting the first graduate cybersecurity school in France
- 27.10.2021 Sebastian Labitzke, Jens Koehler (ITK Engineering, DE), Cybersecurity Risk Analysis: Reaching the Full Potential
- 24.11.2020 Mohammad Hamad (TU Munich, DE), A Multilayer Cybersecurity Framework for the Internet of Vehicles
- 15.12.2021 Oliver Hohlfeld (TU Brandenburg, DE), DDoS Attacks and Booter Services
- 26.01.2022 Carol Fung (T.B.C.) – T.B.A.
- 23.02.2022 Soumya Banerjee, TRASNA – Securing the Internet of Things: Latice-based crypto and side-channel attacks
- 30.03.2022 Ayoub SABBAR, ORNISEC – How to implement an effective cybersecurity awareness program within organizations
- 27.04.2022 Cora Lisa Perner (Airbus) – Security for ground and air vehicles
- 25.05.2022 Julien Nocetti (Académie militaire de Saint-Cyr, Titulaire de la Chaire Gouvernance du risque cyber, Rennes School of Business) – T.B.A.
- 29.06.2022 T.B.A.
- 27.07.2022 T.B.A.
- 31.08.2022 Cristian Hesselman (sidn.nl)- T.B.A.
- 28.09.2022 Roland van Rijswijk-Deij (utwente.nl) – T.B.A.
- 26.10.2022 Aaron Ding (TU Delft) – Trustworthy and Sustainable Edge AI
- 30.11.2022 T.B.A.
- 14.12.2022 T.B.A.
- every last Wed… (you can already declare interest!)
- Wed, Nov 25, 2021, 17 CET I Mohammad Hamad (TU München, DE) – A Multilayer Cybersecurity Framework for the Internet of Vehicles - October 29, 2021
- Wed, Oct 27, 2021, 17 CET I Sebastian Labitzke (ITK Engineering GmbH, DE) – Cybersecurity Risk Analysis: Reaching the Full Potential - October 17, 2021
- Wed, Sep 29, 2021, 17 CET I Frédéric Renouard, Pierre-Alain Fouque (Cyberschool, France) – CyberSchool: Mounting the first graduate cybersecurity school in France - September 25, 2021